Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Soap Box

When I started this blog I did so with the intention of moving forward.  The past few years have been difficult for us.  Yes,  I am an infertile.  I am one of the lucky ones.  Only 40% of infertile couples that move on to IVF are successful.

Dealing with infertility is publicly taboo.  It is not a topic that I have been comfortable sharing with many in my day-to-day life.  Over the course of our infertility struggle, I connected with other women suffering from the same issues across the country.  In doing so, some of us have had success and others are still dealing with the daily struggle.  With that being said, one of those friends I have made posted an article on her FB page--  huffingtonpost.  I am posting this article because I would encourage everyone to read it.  Whether or not you or someone you know has suffered from infertility, it gives you a glance at what it is like for those of us that do.  Please be mindful of others and educate yourself before making rash comments.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that. I still have a hard time going public with our struggles. I think it is mostly self-protection. If they don't know, then I don't have to hear their ignorant comments. I know that, instead, I should inform them. But I think my emotions are a little too fragile at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how lucky we all are to live in the age we are living in. We have state-of-the-art technology available and the kind of assistance infertile couples just couple decades ago could have never had dreamed of. Hopefully, this evolution will keep bringing us forward, and within couple more years more barriers will be broken down. We definitely need to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that article, and I hope that people who don't know a lot about infertility got something out of it. Unfortunately, I think those who are still extremely close-minded and will never change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for your response to that crappy post a so-called "friend" made to the link yesterday. Have you stopped back by? I've had 8 comments in favor of the ALI community gang up on her! She apologized (sort of) but not on my page-on hers (where she had reposted the article and bashed us there too) that I plan on posted on my blog when I can FINALLY get around to writing (I've been super slack lately). And, again thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete